Hey y’all! It’s been a while. I thought I’d come on here and talk a little bit about what I’ve been doing and where I’ve been.
I missed my 1 year anniversary of starting this blog. And I’m okay with that. My first blog post was on November 2, 2018. I talked about why I started the blog and what you could expect. My vision for the blog remains the same and I intend on continuing to use this space to share my making process.
My initial goal was to publish one blog post a week. I didn’t account for all of the life changes that would happen over the past year. Since beginning this blogging journey, I:
- Traveled more than expected for my job, up to three weeks at a time
- Adjusted to a new life in New England — snow that doesn’t melt and delicious seafood
- Helped my sister with two art shows and her booth at the 2 Street Festival
- Was a guest editor for the Sewcialists
- Attended in person sewing workshops/classes both locally and in other states: Cashmerette Curvy Sewing Retreat, Klum House Bag Making Intensive, Sew Social, Sew Happy Color Fabric Painting and Fitting Workshop, Jasika Blazer Class, Fabric Print Study with Kimberly Kight
- Was a leader and host for Sew My Style 2019
- Was a guest blogger for Image Gnats, My Body Model, Klum House, and Minerva (soon)
- Was a pattern tester for several indie pattern companies
- Dealt with the passing of my grandfather
- Modeled the updated Lenox Shirtdress for Cashmerette
- Attended an amazing sewing retreat — Black Women Stitch Beach Week
- Became an editor for the Curvy Sewing Collective
- Accepted a new job
- Moved to Georgia for this new job
- Purchased a home
- Attended a transformative yoga retreat – Starshine & Clay
- Cut off most of my hair
- Tried to recap this past year in a single blog post
When I look back at this year I see that I have done A LOT. I’m not surprised that my weekly blog posts didn’t happen. That being said, I am excited to dedicate more time and love to this space.
I won’t commit to a specific posting schedule, but I will be posting more frequently. A concrete posting schedule may happen in the future, but for now I am focusing on adjusting to many life changes. I will continue to show up authentically and fully. I am excited to share some of my recent makes, sewing workshop experiences, and home projects. Talk to y’all soon!
4 Replies to “Life Update: A Year In Review”
You did a ton of sewing related activities in this past year. Congrats!
Thank you so much! I didn’t realize how much I’d done until I wrote it all down.
So glad to see all you’ve been doing. You’re the best.
Thank you so much!!!